Towns are the most basic part of Towny, allowing people to gather and work together as a group.
- A town is a collection of residents with one of them as the mayor.
- A town also has a bank which the mayor can withdraw from.
- A mayor can also have assistants who have the same powers as him/herself.
- Towns can have taxes that will be taken at the end of real time 7-day (1 week) period.
- A person can only be a resident of 1 town at a time.
- Towns are divided into "Town Blocks," which are 21 block by 21 block sections of land.
Nations are a higher level that allow towns to ally together. This adds advantages such as giving towns more flexible land permission options and allowing them to participate in Wars.
- A nation is a collection of towns (or just one town) with one of them as the capital city.
- The mayor of that capital is the king.
- A nation can join the war event, as well as ally other nations.
- A nation also has it's own bank.
- It can also tax the towns that belong to it.